KDE is 27 years old today 🎂! Happy Birthday to us!

A good time to check out all our kool stuff:

And help us keep KDE alive and kicking for 1000 years more (at least)!:

21 Likes

Happy Birthday KDE!

1 Like

Happy birthday, KDE!

1 Like

I can’t think of another organization that has the track record of product breadth, quality and commitment to freedom that KDE has - that is 100% worth celebrating!

6 Likes

Happy birthday!
:heart: kde

1 Like

Happy Birthday!!! And many more!!!

1 Like

Joyeux anniversaire KDE !

1 Like

Congratulations and have many many more KDE :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Happy Birthday KDE!
I’m glad that I started contributing back to KDE this year. It’s nice to see how friendly everyone is here.
: )

3 Likes

Happy Birthday KDE! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

BTW – the Timeline: <https://timeline.kde.org/>

2 Likes

Yeah, we know. It needs updating,

Happy Birthday KDE!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Indeed, many happy returns.

Does anyone recall when the first public version (alpha 0.12 IIRC) was released?
(That’s not in the timeline linked above.) Been using it ever since:-)

Go KDE!

In sadder news, I tried to send a birthday gift but alas …

got this msg from paypal - Donations to this recipient aren’t supported in this country - apparently a crackdown by governments - organizations must be registered in the country before donations can be made - happens now with many different programs - even with vpn and dns spoof cannot get around it

Maybe some other way to donate? Money transfer seems a bit difficult …Could become a supporter but E100 is a bit steep for someone from a poorer country …

Open Collective works

2 Likes

OK, just succeeded by using Paypal Send and using this email address to access kde account on Paypal
kde-ev-board@kde.org

2 Likes

That is so generous and thoughtful. Thanks, and sorry you had to go to so much trouble. We really appreciate it.

1 Like

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KDE.
Thank’s for being here for us for so long. Still remember how happy I was after managing to install v1.2 on Slackware and I love it since that day.

1 Like

No trouble at all - I’m glad I found a way
You are the ones who go to the real trouble developing a system like KDE!

3 Likes