KDE und Augsburger Linux-Infotag

Eine Frage an das KDE Projekt, ist es zukünftig geplant mit einem Stand und/oder einen Vortrag auf dem Augsburger Linux-Infotag präsent zu sein?

Das wäre doch gute Gelegenheit den Besuchern das KDE Projekt vorzustellen.

A question for the KDE project, is it planned to have a stand and/or give a talk at the Augsburg Linux Infotag in the future?

That would be a good opportunity to introduce the KDE project to the visitors.

Grüße
Bluelupo

2 Likes

Hi Bluelupo :slight_smile:
Könnte mir gut vorstellen sogar vor Ort mitzhelfen. Augsburg ist zwar etwa 3h Fahrt von hier aber nicht unerreichbar :wink:

Hi uubix,
ich bin sowieso, auch heuer schon, vorort in Augsburg. Ich bin am Siduction Stand mit vertreten. Ich fände es gut wenn das KDE Projekt die Chance nutzen würde bei solch einer Veranstaltung präsent zu sein. Helfe auch gerne mit, aber dazu bräuchte es einen “offiziellen” Kontakt zum KDE Projekt.

Hast du Kontakte zum KDE Projekt?

Grüße
Bluelupo

Leider auch keine Richtigen/Offiziellen.

Hi,

generally it’s a good idea for KDE to participate to local events and we attended already a few of them this year (FOSDEM, FOSSADIA, SCALE X, …). For this year, it’s probably to late to organize a KDE stand or talk at the Augsburger Linux-Infota but this is something we can try to organize next year. We just need to find volunteers and add these events in calendar otherwise we forget them :wink:

The KDE promo team can help with some of the organization by e.g. taking care of ordering/shipping merch and a tablecloth. So if someone want to help organize such events in the future, please contact us in matrix #kde-promo:kde.org or email kde-promo@kde.org . It’s a great way to contribute to KDE.

I personally live in Berlin so it might be a bit to far away (and I’m already traveling for KDE the week before and the week after) but I know some KDE devs are based in Bavaria and might be able to help.

Cheers,
Carl

Rather unfortunate timing, less than a week later there’s the Plasma 6 sprint in Augsburg…

1 Like

Hi Carl,
ich kann gerne bei einem KDE Stand am Augsburger Linux-Infotag mithelfen (nächstes Jahr). Ich komme aus Südost Bayern und daher ist Augsburg für mich in ca. 2 Autostunden gut erreichbar. Auch Kollege @uubix (siehe Post weiter oben) würde bei einem KDE Stand mit anpacken.

Wie könnte man das Vorhaben ins rollen bringen? Wen könnte man dazu im Matrixkanal #kde-promo:kde.org ansprechen?

Hi Carl,
I can help with a KDE booth at the Augsburg Linux-Infotag (next year). I’m from southeastern Bavaria and therefore Augsburg is easily reachable for me in about 2 hours by car. Also colleague @uubix (see post above) would help with a KDE booth.

How could you initiate the project and who could you contact in the matrix channel #kde-promo:kde.org?

About myself. I am not a KDE developer, but just a longtime KDE user with a lot of experience on the Linux desktop.

1 Like

I send an eMail to the address shared by @carl .
I let you know more details if I have an answer.

1 Like

Hi,

yes I’ve hosted a KDE booth in Augsburg before Corona from 2016 till 2019 but I am otherwise occupied this year.

For the 2020 Plasma sprint I planned it around the Linuxtag so attendees could visit and represent at the booth but interest seemed low which is why I didn’t suggest timing it around that time this year…

2 Likes

Danke für die Info @broulik.
Ich kenne die größe der Augsburger Linux-Infotage nicht.
Vom LPD weiß ich dass es auch sehr stark vom Angebot abhängt. Do könnte eine Einführung in die sinnvolle Anpassung an den Täglichen Workflow oder Ähnlichen mehr interesse wecken als nur Programme. Auch eine Steam-Console (ich habe leider “noch” keine) ist immer ein hingucker. Aber das Konzept/Thema muss man immer entsprechend vorbereiten.