Hey everyone,
I’m running into a really frustrating issue with Kdenlive when installed Flatpak on Fedora 44. I’ve noticed that i can’t record my voiceover tracks.
The Problem:
When I try to record a voiceover i will get this error
no valid stream found for encoding
My Setup:
• Operating System: Fedora
• Installation Method: Flatpak (Flathub)
• Kdenlive Version: 26.04.3
Thanks in advance for your help! ![]()
Exact same error.
Strange because the version I got on Gentoo and built from source doesn’t have this error.
I’m trying some debugging rn
So it’s Fedora related?
Try the AppImage. Does it work there?
Not at all it’s flatpak related I think (I’m not on Fedora I’m using Gentoo)
For me the issue was the sample specification, that was “s24le” though the flatpak-embedded pipewire with kdenlive only supports “s16le”. You can see it typing:
pactl list sources | grep -A3 "<DeviceName>"
Look at the “Sample specification” line. Didn’t try the AppImage so I don’t know if it works there.
I recompiled kdenlive with my host system pipewire and now it works fine.
how i can fix this ?
What have you tried so far?
i cant fix the flatpak version to use s16le right ? Becaue i have to build by my self ?
What did
pactl list sources | grep -A3 "<DeviceName>"
return ?
Hi, thx for the response and sorry for the late answer here is the output.
“Name: alsa_output.usb-R__DE_Microphones_R__DE_NT-USB_Mini_44FB8AF3-00.analog-stereo.monitor
Description: Monitor of RØDE NT-USB Mini Analog Stereo
Driver: PipeWire
Sample Specification: s24le 2ch 48000Hz”
Yup so it’s exactly the issue I got too
Flatpak version of KDEnLive supports s16le, your microphone only supports s24le.
If you can try, I’d recommend giving a shot to the AppImage version or your package manager’s.
Good luck with that ![]()
AppImages is Working thx
But i hope this will be fixed also in Flatpak ![]()