KMyMoney Parsing Error

KMM 5.12 :- Parsing error

This morning I encountered this error again; the error message is “File was not parsable! ./kmymoney/plugins/xml/mymoneystoragexml.cpp:1402”

On previous occasions, I have reverted to a backup which has then worked.

On this occasion, I can open the backup ok… however, when I close it then try to re-open it… I get the parsing error!! This has happened on several backups.

I am using Desktop: MATE 1.26.0 Distro: Linux Mint 21.1 Vera base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy

( I have another PC using the same Linux Mint and KMM version, this is currently working ok.)

Any suggestions on next steps please

I have tried downloading the newer version ( [kmymoney-5.1-481-linux-gcc-x86_64.AppImage].

This also exhibits the parsing problem but with a different error message :- “File was not parsable! /home/appimage/Craft/BinaryFactory/downloads/git/extragear/kmymoney/kmymoney/plugins/xml/mymoneystoragexml.cpp:1411”

The differences in the error just reflect that they were compiled in different environments, and against slightly different versions of the source. That should not matter.
Where are the files you are workind with? Local hard drive or network share? Permission issues don’t seem likely, but should be ruled out. What type of files are you using? xml, kmy? What does “ls -l” show for the working and not working files? What does the “file” command say about them?