Konsole Background Image

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the background image which is configured in Appearence → Color scheme & font → Edit by a command line call or by the dbus maybe?

For Tilix terminal I wrote a service which changes periodically the background image and I would like to do the same for Konsole. Here is the Tilix example: GitHub - vauvenal5/tilix-background-image-switcher: Script for changing periodically the background image of tilix

Thx for you help.

I am not sure if there is a Q-DBus interface to interact with to update the konsole background image. The dev’s may have more insight in that regard.

There is a cmd called konsoleprofile which lets you switch profiles.

A command-line tool to change the current tab’s profile options.
Usage: konsoleprofile “option=value[;option=value;…]”

Switch colorschemes using: konsoleprofile ColorScheme=xx.colorscheme

Color schemes can be found inside $HOME/.local/share/konsole

Look inside for example:

breeze.colorscheme

See the key Wallpaper= that is where the path to the image to display as a background is stored.
You could write a script which updates this file with the image you would like to display, or have multiple .colorschemes with different images defined in them.

Hi,

thx for the reply, after digging a little bit more I also found https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/xpv7jj/how_to_reload_konsole_profile_from_the_command/

The only thing I am not 100% happy with is the need to switch profiles to make the changes take effect. Also like in the Reddit answer suggested reapplying the entire theme seems extensive.

So I figured that there is probably something easier to make the changes take effect.

I am closing this for now. Thx for the support.