Konsole cursor trails over transparency WAYLAND

Not asking for help on this one. Just my recent test of Wayland on this PC with a nVidia 2070 with proprietary drivers.

Konsole with transparency shows a cursor trail. I can turn off transparency and it looks great. Had to take a phone photo to capture what I was seeing. I have not noticed this anywhere else.

Screenshot-Konsole-cursor-over-translucency

Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20240114
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.10
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.113.0
Qt Version: 5.15.12
Kernel Version: 6.6.11-1-default (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 20 × 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700
Memory: 31.1 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Product Name: XPS 8950

Just noticing that if I have one floating window in front of another, and I move the mouse over the one “in front / active / focused,” the borders, scroll bar and other things on the background application flicker.

I think that’s 455526 – Blur glitches started to appear in wayland again, which is already fixed in Plasma 6.

2 Likes

Good deal. Just putting it out there, so you guys know to work on it. Like you, I want to see 6.0 be a great release. I still remember 4.0 :smiley:

I know you didn’t ask for help but I am still moving this to the help category to keep the Development section clean.

Imo such things should either be reported as a bug or we could have a dedicated thread for such things.

2 Likes

Just throwing this in there.

I have been on Wayland on my gaming desktop all afternoon. I have seen some screen flickering here and there, but I have been running Steam games just fine. The few little glitches I have, I can live with. I am going to try to stick with Wayland at least for a few days and see. :grinning:

1 Like

Following up.

After a couple of days of Wayland + nVidia, I lived through it. I saw a lot of flickering in Brave and in YouTube videos. Some flickering in Steam, but it seems that all of my issues now are simple flickering.

I have not uninstalled the proprietary drivers and tried nouveau, so I cannot comment on that.

Do I blame the Wayland devs? Absolutely not. I will put the blame right were it belongs, on nVidia.

1 Like