Merkuro Calendar segfaults on launch

I’m on Arch Linux and I’ve just updated my entire system, including the Merkuro suite that replaces Kalendar, and I’ve been excited to start using it. Merkuro Mail is a great application for me, someone who doesn’t need all the bells and whistles of KMail, and laments the lack of a tray icon function in Thunderbird.

Anyways, while Merkuro Mail and Contacts work fine, Merkuro Calendar segfaults on launch. This is the terminal output when I start it with Konsole:

merkuro-calendar 
qrc:/BasicMonthListView.qml:22:5: Required property startDate was not initialized
qrc:/MainDrawerToggleButton.qml:25: TypeError: Cannot read property 'collapsed' of undefined
qrc:/MainDrawerToggleButton.qml:14: TypeError: Cannot read property 'collapsed' of undefined
qrc:/MainDrawerToggleButton.qml:11: TypeError: Cannot read property 'mainDrawer' of undefined
30 -- exe=/usr/bin/merkuro-calendar
17 -- platform=wayland
25 -- appname=merkuro-calendar
17 -- apppath=/usr/bin
10 -- signal=11
9 -- pid=5205
19 -- appversion=23.08.0
29 -- programname=Merkuro Calendar
31 -- bugaddress=submit@bugs.kde.org
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = merkuro-calendar path = /usr/bin pid = 5205
KCrash: Arguments: /usr/bin/merkuro-calendar 
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/drkonqi
kf5idletime_wayland: This plugin does not support polling idle time

[1]+  Stopped                 merkuro-calendar

This happens in both X11 and Wayland, English and Norwegian locale.
It works fine when I downgrade back to the pre-Merkuro release, however, I would like to keep using Merkuro Mail; but I rely more on Kalendar, so if I can’t use Merkuro Calendar I’ve no choice but to downgrade.

I have already reported the issue to the developers here, and I attached backtraces in there as well: 473618 – Merkuro Calendar crashes on startup

But this isn’t to nag the developers, it’s not a complaint at all either, what I’m actually wondering is does anyone else have this issue, and have you found a workaround perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

This should be fixed, thanks for your report.

1 Like

Thanks Carl, that was quick!

Seems not fixed yet.

-> % merkuro-calendar
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/globaltoolbar/ToolBarPageHeader.qml:32:9: QML Loader (parent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "maximumWidth"
[1]    142705 segmentation fault (core dumped)  merkuro-calendar

what version are you using?

Merkuro package is 23.08.0-2
I’m using Arch (up-to-date)

Exatly same symptoms here with arch (up-to-date), currently with merkuro-23.08.1-1.