Merkuro-kalender wont launch

Hello, this is my first post here. I’m on EOS with Plasma having problems launch merkuro.

Terminal output

merkuro-calendar
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/globaltoolbar/ToolBarPageHeader.qml:32:9: QML Loader (parent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "maximumWidth"
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  merkuro-calendar

Is there a way to fix this? Can someone help me with the solution? Is this a system problem on my part?

Thanks in advance!

See:
472793 – merkuro-calendar crashes on startup (kde.org)

1 Like

wow thanks for the quick answer. that helps me. with LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8 LANGUAGE=C merkuro-calendar starts merkuro already. now i just have to get it to start merkuro also from the startmenu

Maybe you can do it by modifying the .destkop file ?

For reference:
Desktop entries - ArchWiki (archlinux.org)

1 Like

Thanks, i will look at that.I am sure i can manage that. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Instead of changing the .desktop file, another easy solution is to use the menu editor.

When you start kmenuedit, search for merkuro and enter LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8 LANGUAGE=C as environment variables (in this example, French is set as the language).

Save and it all works as a charm!

1 Like

I’m sorry I’m late. I have changed this too, works perfectly

Where exactly do you have to change that language setting?

Thanks!

I have changed it in Menu editor. But with update to Plasma 6 i reversed the change and it works in my local language

Thank you. I tried it first with the same code as you (french), then with my own (nl_BE) and neither worked. I guess my problem is something else then.
I’m still on version 5.27.10. Is 6 unstable (because I’m not asked for an update).

If I start from terminal it gives:

file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/globaltoolbar/ToolBarPageHeader.qml:32:9: QML Loader (par
ent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "maximumWidth"

It’s a fresh installation on Fedora, and I did install/remove Kalendar/Kmail/Merkuro/… several times in an attempt to make those work, so maybe I broke something. I’ll search further.
Merkuro Contacts works fine. Mail not (neither KMail, nor Merkuro Mail)

Thank you!
(If I find a solution, I’ll try to remember to post it here)

Does it crash if you type
LANG=C merkuro-calendar
and hit enter in the terminal?

1 Like

No! That works! Great.