Missed notifications show up all at once after logging in

I have a desktop that keeps running pretty much throughout the day. When I am away from the computer, it gets automatically locked but some of my apps such as Slack and Gmail continue to receive notifications. When I unlock the screen, all of these notifications I have missed show up pretty much all at once. They stay on the screen only for a few seconds but just the experience of seeing so many notifications is jarring. Is there a way to disable this?

Note, I see this only when I am in a Wayland session and not in a X11 session. I am using:

Operating System: KDE neon 6.0
KDE Plasma Version: 6.0.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.0.0
Qt Version: 6.6.3
Kernel Version: 6.5.0-27-generic (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland

I get the same behavior, and I don’t see a setting to control this behavior. It might be a good idea to go to bugs.kde.org and open a wishlist request to add a feature to not show notifications that were received while in “do not disturb” mode.

No need, this is tracked by 441906 – Reconnecting to internet after downtime triggers flood of notifications from apps that remained open during that time, and also secondarily by 440837 – Leaving Do Not Disturb mode causes all the notifications that were suppressed to pop up on screen.