Modernize KWave

Hi,
I think KWave is so powerful as a basic sound editor, but currently it is trapped in the 90s.
Some thoughts:

• Use README.md instead of README in plain text
  • Use Gitlab issues instead of TODO
  • Modernize icons
  • Move actions from menubar to contextual items.

Reading the history of the project on Multimedia / Kwave · GitLab, it seems that the developer has been supporting it for over 20 years; I don’t think he reads this forum nor that just suggesting these things would be useful to him.

I suggest you to contact him (Thomas.Eschenbacher@gmx.de) and offer to help on your first two points: you could rewrite the README in Markdown and make a merge request, or send it to him; then you could offer to spend some time moving TODO items to new issues.
If you help with these two things, your last two point could just become new issues in the Gitlab repo and the developer could see them as actual feature requests.

Are you willing to complete these small tasks to actually help improve the program the way you want to?

1 Like

Yes, of course- Thanks so much!

1 Like

By “contextual items”, do you mean the right-click context menu or something else? Which actions do you think should be moved?

I am working on updating the README, and working with the icons is also on my list. Carl Schwan recently updated the zoom toolbar icons in Modernize ZoomToolbar (!27) · Merge requests · Multimedia / Kwave · GitLab

1 Like

Just merged use icons from current theme (!29) · Merge requests · Multimedia / Kwave · GitLab

1 Like