Need help for building KATE editor on Windows

Hello, I’m a newbie developer on KDE environment. I have experience in Qt application development. I’d like to try out, build & contribute kde applications like kate.

I have setup craft & kate on my Windows. I can run kate from craft. I have downloaded the kate repo from Github.

I have loaded the CMakeLists.txt of kate project on Qt creator. I get the following error -

D:\Sport\KDE\kate\CMakeLists.txt:18: error: Could not find a package configuration file provided by “ECM” (requested version 5.240.0) with any of the following names: ECMConfig.cmake ecm-config.cmake Add the installation prefix of “ECM” to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set “ECM_DIR” to a directory containing one of the above files. If “ECM” provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.

I want to build & run the kate repo from Qt creator. I’m unable to understand the need for craft & building kde applications(for example, kate) on Windows.

Please help me guide through.

Thanks,
Rahul

Not a KDE developer too here and also pretty new, what version of ECM (extra cmake modules) do you have? It’s looking for version 5.240.0 which makes me think it needs a more recent version then you got installed. (only recently checked out version 23.08.4 which is still fine with ECM 5.112.0 (or even 5.93.0)).