Neon - Error when attempting to decrypt the wallet kdewallet using GPG...GPG error was Inappropriate ioctl for device

I’m a new Neon user, trying to switch from Kubuntu (also a relative newbie with that…be gentle please).

Setting up Rclone for Google Drive I’m getting “Error when attempting to decrypt the wallet kdewallet using GPG…GPG error was Inappropriate ioctl for device”.

I think this is the 3rd time I’ve gotten that error message - last last two times I pressed “cancel” and things seemed to work.

What should I do?

(BTW, the Neon installer offers to setup Google Drive for me, but for me it just hangs when I try it. I’ve been using ocamlfuse but the performance is horrible…seems like it’s not doing any caching at all.)

Added: I suspect the problem is that I never setup a “kdewallet” wallet (or any wallet - I use Google as my password manager). So per The KWallet Handbook, I ran kwallet manager and tried to setup a "kdewallet’ via File>New Wallet.

It says “Sorry, that wallet already exists.”. I never set up any wallets. Also Wallet Manager seems to be saying “kdewallet” exists but “is currently closed”. When I click “open” I get the same error mentioned at the start.

More details:

I went into kdewalletmanager and deleted the existing "kdewallet’, then tried again.

This time I get a different error:

Error when attempting to decrypt the wallet kdewallet using GPG. If you’re using a SmartCard, please ensure it’s inserted then try again…Inappropriate ioctl for device.

A while after popping up that dialog (and with it still up), my default web browser (Chrome) tries to open http://127.0.0.1:53682/auth?state=<random stuff I probably shouldn’t post>, which appears to be completely blank.

This all is kinda intimidating for a new user. Help, please.