Okular Dark Mode suggestion

Hello.

As commented in this topic How to invert color of one window? I also prefer the dark mode for reading a pdf in a monitor. But I the issue commented https://superuser.com/questions/1563014/okular-darkmode-without-invert-images-colors where the dark modes also invert the images.

I hand’t found any solution to this, and I’m not sure if it is possible but I suggest the next to solve it.

  1. Giving the option to customize each element of a pdf, and I mean, selecting their colors.
    1. Text
    2. Paper
    3. Links
    4. Footnote reference.

Also i am assuming that there aren’t many possible options for this to be plausible, if there are many, I think the first two would be enough for the inmense majority.

  1. Give the option to apply the color inversion to only the text and paper.

Thanks for reading and any possible feedback.

1 Like

hey i have been working on this, but I am stuck. If you are familiar with cpp code base, then please have a look, it works but not perfectly.

Hello and thanks for replying and trying to address this issue. I would if I could but I don’t know about cpp.

Good news, it works, i just found out that I just need to zoom in or zoom out - just to rerender the page- it’s a small bug and will be fixed easily. I am thinking of adding custom colors for background or may be the background could be the same as the theme color’s background.
please checkout the project , i’d love your feedback.
source at: github(dot)com/justbipin/okular

Hey, it’s me again, if you have an ai coding agent’s subscription, can you describe the issue to it? I don’t have access to any of them, i was using zed editor’s free tier for whatever i could build but I ran out of it.

Good News, It’s working , checkout on github.com/justbipin/okular you 'll have to clone the repo and build it yourslef tho, please use it and make suggestions on features to be added