playhead position in Kdenlive

I’ve been searching the manual, and online, but cant find an answer as to whether there is a setting to make the play-head return to the original selected start position on stop. I make a lot of music videos and need accurate positioning for adding markers and timed imagery. It’s seems illogical to me to only have the play-head stop at the position it’s stopped at, without the option to return to the original start point. I’ve also found the initial placement of markers, using the very low res audio block wave display, tricky for timings, making the need for returning to the selected start point even more crucial. I’m new to this excellent software so any help would be gratefully received.

Yes… I think, from what you are saying, you need to use the Zone Selector.

You will find several uses for this tool. For example, you can use it to play back or render only the zone you have selected.

Check it out and let us know if this is what you need.

Thanks for your reply. I’m not sure this is the answer. I want to be able to hit stop and for it to return to the start of the selection.

I have not been able to find a function that will play the zone and then automatically take the play head back to beginning of the zone

BUT

I you hit [Shift]+[I] the head will jump back to the beginning of the zone.

You may find other keyboard shortcuts useful too and you will be able to define your own when you look under Settings > Configure Keyboard Shortcuts…

Loop Zone, perhaps? Ctrl+Shift+Space, or select it from the various playback option in the Project Monitor toolbar …

Probably @Zealotron means something else. With Vegas Pro it was a matter of course that you started playback by pressing the space bar and jumped back exactly to the previous starting point by pressing the space bar again. Kdenlive does it differently and I like this way much better.

But sometimes I would also find it useful if the cursor jumped back to the original start position. It would be nice if you could set this. Denn dann kann man eine bestimmen Bereich immer wieder anhören.