Printing PDFs in OKULAR - a way to change default settings for page size permanently?

Hello everybody,

I’m on openSUSE Leap 15.5 with KDE Plasma 5.27.9.
I would like to change the default settings for PDF printing in OKULAR to 100% size permanently: every time I open the printing dialog I will also have to open the PDF-Options tab and change Scale Mode settings from ‘Fit to printable area’ (which will shrink page content for about 3-5 %) to ‘Fit to full page’ (screenshot attached). This makes printing a bit fiddly (if I’m using the right word).

Interestingly QPDFVIEW will printout to 100% by default while offering just a checkbox to change printout size to printer margins.

Is there anybody else encountering this phenomena? I’m with this for quite a while now and have not found a solution.

Sincerely,
Dietmar Moehrlein

Okular default settings

Hi,

just had a look at the changelog for OKULAR v23.08.0.
Seems like my issue used to be bug #463732 which is solved now.

Unfortunately OKULAR 23.08. from the KDE_Frameworks5 Repo uses KDE:Qt5 Repo (instead of my installed Qt5 LTS version), but this is too much of a change on my otherwise flawless working Leap 15.5.:

Note for openSUSE Leap users: Leap ships with a Qt LTS release, which is not recent enough for the newest Plasma. So to use KDE:Frameworks5, KDE:Qt5 is required. Some applications from third-party repos might not be installable as they require the specific version of Qt shipped with Leap.

Not too much of a problem,

Dietmar

I just found this thread and it fit my situation with Okular 23.08.2 on Linux Mint v20.3.
What would be the solution for my environment?
Is there any other then waiting for an update of Okular?
I’m running a flatpak version of Okular.
TIA