Project file "corrupted"

I have made a project in kdenlive (a crazy error) and then I rendered it and then I noticed some weird things, like tracks shifted and now when I open the .kdenlive file this error comes up and clips in track 4 are in different locations and some clips in the timeline are missing:
Screenshot from 2023-04-22 20-59-23

Ouch, looks scary.

Did you by accident render over one of the clips? If so there is not much you can do unless you have a backup of that file somewhere.
If not, you may want to check the backups kdenlive generated. Go to menu Project > Open Backup File …

i did not render over one of the clips, when i viewed the file using the text editor it looks like the invalid clips are weirdly duplicates (chain7, chain20, chain28 and chain35 are all Windows XP Exclamation.wav). to fix it i just manually fixed the project file (made the clip longer, did insert space and inserted the missing audio)

Same error on my Kdenlive 23.04.0 on Linux Mint. Rarely have problems with Kdenlive so this “invalid clip chain” error was a shock. The data loaded is rubbish: chunk of audio data not displayed, titles repeated and out of place, video clips missing, progress bar not displaying progress, video clips mis-named, … Don’t know where the problem comes from so loath to start again. Any suggestions please?

All of my project files and the backups are coming back as “corrupt.”

The clips load up and then at a magic number of 68% I get a nag screen that the current project file is corrupted and cannot be loaded.

Lost all video editing with files from kdenlive v22.12.x version, opened in v23.04.0 and modified here.
Audio/Video tracks disappear with error messages:
Invalid clip…
Invalid clip…
Invalid clip…

System info: Ubuntu Mate 23.04, Kdenlive 23.04.0 (same result with deb and AppImage installation).

I tried with different files, same result.
I lost 1 day editing work :frowning:
This version is unusable like that.

I am sorry to hear that. I am on Pop!_OS 22.04 which is based on Ubuntu and have no severe issues so far neither with the installed version (kdenlive-stable ppa) nor the appimage.

Please open a bug report in https://bugs.kde.org and be as detailed as possible. Adding screenshots or screen recordings makes it easier for the devs to home in on the the issue. Thanks!

Hmm, seems like a common theme. I have heard about packaging issues for some distros and recommend the appimage.

Please open a bug report in https://bugs.kde.org and be as detailed as possible. Adding screenshots or screen recordings makes it easier for the devs to home in on the the issue. Thanks!

Hi there,

In my conf PC (Ubuntu 23.04), it is fixed with the last release of kdenlive 23.04.0a.

Cheers Devs. !!