Questions as a new KDE Neon User

Hi. I’m new to KDE Neon. Been a *buntu user since 2007, and also used other Debian based distros plus I have Manjaro on some secondary devices. I’m now running KDE Neon on my main computer, and I have some questions.

• KDE Neon doesn’t support 32 bit…not a big deal, but is there any way to run 32 bit legacy apps in WINE on KDE Neon?
  • KDEConnect not working for me. Any tricks to get it to work?

Thank you!

It does, but not for all of the multiple layers of dependencies not related to Plasma packages, so third party sources like WineHQ won’t work. The upcoming upgrade to the Ubuntu Noble base will cure that, at least for a while. Steam works just fine.

The alternative is to use wine via Flatpak and/or Lutris and Bottles, which have completely independent Wine implementations not tied to the base OS. Lutris and Bottles allow for using different Wine releases and other custom implementations - quite similar to Steam’s Proton, in fact including Proton-based ‘runners’.

I haven’t used a system-installed Wine in many many years now, though I seldom need it for anything other than games.

The usual troubleshooting things, such as the router and any firewall settings, etc. I have no issues with it on a multi-phone and multi PC household.

1 Like