Request for microphone sharing feature in KDE Connect

Hello KDE Connect team,

I am a user of KDE Connect and I think it would be great if you could add a microphone sharing feature to the app, similar to what WO Mic offers. This would allow users to use their phone as a microphone for their computer, which would be very useful for video conferencing, gaming, and other activities.

Thank you for your hard work on KDE Connect, and I hope you will consider adding this feature in a future update.

4 Likes

I think that’s a great idea!
It would also be nice if the same could be done for using the phone as a webcam, but I think that would be pretty difficult to implement…

Nice. Using mobile as a webcam and mic helps us bridge the devices :fire:. I mean the idea is simple but useful : we have a camera but just in another device and we can use it for the PC too. Imagine having all the Android system sensors, devices etc to be bridged to PC. :fire:

Btw, I’m sure its not an easy task :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I just got the new Android Update on my Pixel 7, which actually includes that “Smartphone as a Webcam” functionality.

I’m happy to report, that I could get this to work immediately on my Debian machine running KDE Plasma, which, I think, is pretty cool.

Great. I wish KKDE connect bridges the gap for many more devices by sharing the mic and camera. It would be a huge help for a lot of devices🔥

1 Like