rmate/rsub support request?

So, I’m curious if there’d be any interest in this feature because I personally use this a lot with Sublime Text and I’d like to see it available in Kate some day.

rmate support, as provided by the available code here as a Sublime Text plugin, RSub:

And the rmate application as the client to communicate to this protocol, rmate itself:

My use case for this is often ssh’ing to servers I manage, and wanting to edit files, but having the benefit of being able to be my user, sudo’ing to another user – including root, and editing a file on my local GUI text editor, and saves just work flawlessly with this. It’s a very simple protocol from what I understand, but the value of it, to me, is incredible. If kate were able to implement this as a plugin that can be enabled, that would really really make me happy.

Eric

Another point of interest to how useful and popular something like this could be, there’s another implementation in VSCode and many alternative rmate clients in various methods listed within the extension page here in the extension: rafaelmaiolla.remote-vscode