Set internal audio sample rate in Kdenlive?

I’m trying to use Kdenlive 26.08.1 and need to control or at least understand the internal audio sample rate used when working on a project. If I add multiple clips/tracks with different sample rates in the timeline, Kdenlive must do some mixing between them, working at some sample rate internally, or convert them in advance to one single sample rate.

Where can this internal sampling rate be set? I would have expected this to be in project profiles, just as frame rate is. Is it hard-coded to always process things internally using 48 kHz? Or am I missing something here? I would like to enforce the internal sample rate per project (e.g., 96 kHz) so I know the internal processing frequency.

I understand that I can set sample rate in the render profiles. But just as I can set the frame resolution there, separately from the project settings, I would expect that these settings just affects the export decoders. And if so, then it wont help setting a high sample rate there, if a low sample rate already has been used in the mixer and in audio effects.

project settings only expose channel count, not sample rate. that part is kinda buried.

mlt (what kdenlive sits on) defaults the timeline consumer to 48000. render profile -ar only hits the export encoder, so youre right that bumping it there wont raise the mixer rate if the timeline already ran at 48k.

closest knobs:

  1. Settings → Manage Project Profiles → duplicate a profile and check if the profile xml exposes a frequency / sample_rate field (some mlt profiles do under ~/.local/share/kdenlive/profiles or /usr/share/mlt*/profiles).
  2. for a hard 96k pipeline, convert clips to 96k first (ffmpeg -ar 96000) so the timeline isnt resampling mixed rates mid-mix.
  3. if you need a real project-level sample rate control, thats a feature gap. worth a bug/wishlist on bugs.kde.org against kdenlive.

paste your project profile name + whether Manage Project Profiles shows any sample rate field on your build.

Thanks.

Right now I’m happy just knowing 48k will be used internally.