System tray is acting weird . . . plasma 6.0.4 endeavour os

IN KDE PLASMA 6 SYSTEM TRAY IS ACTING WEIRD . I HAVE SEARCHED A LOT BUT CAN’T FIND ANY SOLUTION ANY ONE TEND TO HELP IS WELCOME . . .

I AM CLICKED TO MENU BUT NO PANEL EXTENDING INSTEAD SHOWING A BLACK SMALL DOT WHEN I HOVER ON THAT BLACK SPOT I AND SEEING THIS .

1 Like

Unfortunately experiencing this issue too. There aren’t any solutions that I know of to fix it. I tend to go around using it by going into the system settings but I’m hoping an update will fix this.

1 Like

I’m having this same issue and it is soo infuriating!! It seems to only be for menus and widgets that are inside of the tray, when the same thing is placed outside of the tray (for example notifications) they appear just fine, so at least that helps a little. I am also on Plasma 6.0.4 on EndeavourOS and this thread is the only one I can find atm

SAME, so infuriating, I’m sure it will get fixed eventually. I will probably just reinstall because this seems to be a one-off issue.

after a bit of testing, you can sorta go around the problem by putting the individual widgets like power and brightness widgets to replace it. The only caveat is you don’t see background apps

1 Like

This seems to be a Wayland specific issue by the looks of it. Doesn’t happen in X11.

Pretty sure this is 485456 – With Qt 6.7, System Tray popup is inappropriately resized to a tiny nub, which is known and being actively worked on.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information! Do you have an estimated timeline for when this issue might be resolved?

Nope. The fix isn’t merged yet. Once it is, it’ll make it into the next Plasma release, which will be 6.0.5 if it gets merged within the next few weeks, or else 6.1 if it takes longer than that.