Thanks for KDE lets move into Plasma 6

I’ve been using Plasma for about 2 years and I’ll stay with it. It seems the grass always looks greener “over there” but it’s only looks. If I can’t break i t, it’s bulletproof. And I use it on an old A10-7800 based AMD system. Works for me as a daily driver.

9 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! I’m glad our work is useful to you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I took a brief look at Red Hat in 1998 – began with SuSE Linux 8.1 in 2002 and quickly settled on the KDE Desktop Environment.

• Since then, KDE is my daily Desktop outside of normal working hours – all of my employers demanded the Redmond thing.
    I’m now retired and can avoid “that other thing” for 99 % of the time …

And, I’ve remained with the SuSE / openSUSE distribution as well as and also … :sunglasses:

Watching the way the KDE developers have handled the Qt version changes over the years, I can only say that there have been many lessons learnt and, the transitions from one Qt version to the next have, over the years, from my point of view, improved out of sight!

Please keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Users who use NVIDIA GPU’s should install the latest linux driver from nvidia.com and then make sure to satisfy all conditions described here:
Plasma/Wayland/Nvidia - KDE Community Wiki

After that you can enable wayland instead of X11 and the experience is much better.

I tested Noveau driver and also latest one from debian repositry that is out of date but they both suck not only for desktop experience but also for gaming.

I hope this helps and thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you!

I will try to install it.

Currently having issues with my asus laptop, running Debian 12, KDE Plasma, it has integrated AMD GPU and Discrete NVidia RTX 2060 q GPU, it works good for gaming, but if the laptop is closed or goes to hibernation mode, when booted up again it no longer recognizes the NVidia GPU, and fans go crazy…

Plus the Battery has been very poor for past month. No longer calculates the remaining time correctly, and lasts at most 3 hours, vs 5-6 hours one month ago.

Aside from those issues, I have been enjoying my migration to the Linux world.