These past two weeks in KDE: massive stability work for Plasma 6.1

Sorry for the interruption last week; I was on vacation. While I was vacating, my colleagues were in full-on fix-everything mode in preparation for the upcoming Plasma 6.1 release in a little over a week. And what a release it promises to be! I think this is going to be a good one, folks. Lots of great features, improved performance and smoothness, and oodles of fixes for all kinds of strange bugs with your wild and wacky hardware devices!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://pointieststick.com/2024/06/07/these-past-two-weeks-in-kde-massive-stability-work-for-plasma-6-1/
5 Likes

I tried to donate, but your donate screen and Paypal say

Donations to this recipient aren’t supported in this country

I am in New Zealand.

1 Like

Pretty stable in Arch unstable since it was available (May 24th) . On our minimal install, this is about the only thing that goes wrong:
Plasma’s Panel Settings dialog no longer obscures the hover pop-ups for individual widgets while it’s open (David Edmundson, Plasma 6.1.0. Link).

I think people will like it. Thanks for your efforts,

Appreciate the effort, but task manager is worse. Can’t wait to see what 6.1 brings.

Can you try the donation box on this page? Let us know if you have any problems.

Thank you, that worked.

2 Likes

Thank you for your donation!