Unified mailbox confused if mail moves from one mailbox to another

I have been using kmail for years with a local imap server. The local mailbox is fed using fetchmail (Fetchmail) to retrieve mail from my ISP’s imap server. Works a treat.

Recently I decided to directly add my upstream isp imap server as a second mailbox. Now I can look at emails on the upstream server directly. And there is a “Unified Mailboxes” pseudo-server that presents an aggregated view of both imap servers. The issue is that of course fetchmail is still periodically moving messages from upstream imap to local. And the unified mailboxes gets very confused.

When a message gets moved, I end up with two duplicate entries in “unified mailboxes” and I can’t interact properly with them. Often I can’t delete one or both copies, for example. I end up re-starting kmail a couple times a day to clear things up.

Wondering if I’ve missed some configuration item to make this work properly?

Sounds like a bug in the Unifixed Mailbox implementation to me :slight_smile:

fetchmail is still periodically moving messages from upstream imap to local

Does that mean that the message is retrieved from the upstream IMAP server, added to the local IMAP server and then removed from the upstream completely?

I found a bug report about unified mailbox misbehaving, probably a similar reason.

Yes, that’s correct.

Thanks for the bug report – that does describe the issue well. Will follow-up there.