Ventoy: useful, but also reliable?

Maybe my question is o.t., but I wonder if Ventoy, a very interesting tool to create a multiboot usb drive, is really reliable.
I mean: its developers say that it is an open source application. But has somebody verified this? And has somebody checked that whole source code to see if there are malicious rows?
Thank you!

I’ve been using Ventoy for a while now, and it’s been pretty solid for me. Checked out their open-source claim, and it seems legit. Admittedly, I haven’t dived into the entire source code, but the community around it is active, and that’s usually a good sign.

1 Like

I’m not a coder, but I have been using it from its beginning and never had any issue. Your mileage may vary of course.

1 Like

Thank you, @ massacre and @ WilsonEPhillips

1 Like

By the way, it seems to be updated quite often as the head guy keeps adding support for more .iso files. In the beginning it only worked for a few distros and Windows. I seldom find anything that it won’t run now and if you do, you can email them and they will get it going on the next update. :smiley:

1 Like

I installed Ventoy on a 32 GB USB nearly 3 years ago and have used the same stick ever since, just copying isos to it. A big time saver.

2 Likes

Yes, I see. Thank you!