[Wayland] Meta+Left Click not moving around plasmoid windows?

Stuff like the (rolled down) Audio Volume, Clipboard, etc. from the System Tray, or Kicker. Works in a X11 session. Is it a bug or a Wayland issue?

kinfo
❯ kinfo
Operating System: Arch Linux 
KDE Plasma Version: 6.0.90 (and in 6.0.5 as well)
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.2.0
Qt Version: 6.7.1
Kernel Version: 6.9.2-arch1-1 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland

Neither; this is intentional. The fact that you can move these around on X11 is the bug lol

Wait what!? :sweat_smile: That was my favorite “feature” in Plasma 5, because it offered that unique and amazing flexibility of not covering crucial parts -like the buttons of maximized windows when the panel was at the top- when it was pinned to control for example multiple sources of audio playing. Same for the Media Player! In fact yakuake still offers this great flexibility!

You know what? Quake 2 had a bug which accelerated the speed of a character when constantly jumping forward, this particular bug was never fixed in following releases of the franchise because people found it so good and unique, and Quake 3 became the most influential and successful MP game it was for decades by having that unique “feature” people loved as well, so I think you folks should really consider it letting it live! Please :smile: !

@ngraham please don’t make me use plasmawindowed org.kde.plasma.volume, plasmawindowed org.kde.plasma.clipboard, etc., for having that flexibility, it’s not that nice :sob:

We could consider it!

1 Like