What groupware provider is suggested for full Kontact functionality?

I enjoy using KDE’s groupware software, Kontact but I noticed that I don’t get full functionality with accounts such as Google and Microsoft. Some examples are the “journal” feature in KOrganizer, cloud task management in an app like Zanshin, and the encrypted mail functionality in KMail.
What groupware provider did the devs have in mind for maximum functionality with all Kontact features?

Bump to see if anyone has any ideas

Originally one of the best supported groupware was Kolab, either locally hosted or at KolabNow

I guess today any provider that has IMAP and CalDAV would work?

Oh wow, Kolab looks a lot like a web version of Kontact’s interface! Definitely seems like it’d be a great setup for someone who enjoys using Kontact. Thanks for your input!

As far as groupware hosting services go, I can’t offer any advice since I host everything myself. We used Kolab many years ago, then switched to Kopano, and eventually ended up with Open-Xchange. We’re still on OX7 for now, as we’re currently setting up a Kubernetes cluster for OX8.

We’ve integrated Kontact with OX and, in my humble opinion, use all of Kontact’s features. The one exception is the journal. OX does not offer the “VJOURNAL” feature in the calendar; it only offers “VEVENT” and “VTODO.” I can’t say yet whether this is different in OX8. However, since we also run our own Nextcloud instance locally, we’ve created a calendar for the journal there and added the VJOURNAL option.

Note: I have explicitly removed the “VEVENT” and “VTODO” functions from the “Journal” calendar on Nextcloud so that they are never offered for “normal” calendar entries in Kontact.