What's coming in KDE's collection of Personal Information Management apps

Itinerary :bullettrain_front: imports more ticket formats, Merkuro (ex-Kalendar) :spiral_calendar: gets a new look and adds “availability”, and KMail :envelope_with_arrow: makes encrypting and signing messages really, really easy.

Find out more.

1 Like

Any good news of Google account being solved ?

Forewarning: This is a personal opinion as an external, non-developer observer.

As I see it, the best solution is to stop using Google services. Harsh, I know, but Google insists on moving the API goalposts so often and then not documenting them that it is becoming a pointless drain on KDE’s limited resources.

The last time KDE devs had to re-write thousands of lines and spend many person-hours to get back to the exact same position from before Google introduced their changes. So no gain, no advancement.

It’s impossible to change to something other than Google, here almost every IT company I know uses Google Workspace/Business Suite with customized @yourCompanyName.com accounts, so you must use it to get tasks, plannings, mails, events, meetings, shared files, real time collaboration docs… If you don’t want to use it, then change your job.

Ok. Whatever you say.

Just remember: now you know why the “Google problem” will probably never be definitely solved.

Just remember: now you know why the “Google problem” will probably never be definitely solved.

It’s the main problem that forced me to remove any Akonadi related app from my installation, and simply use Thunderbird and Firefox to access those services. And it turned out to be a good decision. :dove:

1 Like