Windows Store version KDE Connect not working - gui all messed up

Well, actually, I’m referring to the Windows app not having an “about” menu. Most all Windows apps have an about menu item. It’s a Windows standard. sometimes, when an application gets ported from Linux to windows some of the windows conventions are not followed.

I know. I use Windows. It’s also a KDE and general Qt standard. This is just an exception. Does the command work?

I just publishes a new release to the Windows Store that should fix the issue.

It might take up to a few days to show up

1 Like

@nicolasfella

Thank you very much.

My Microsoft Store app tells me it can install version 23.04.0. Is this the new release that should fix things?

@rokejulianlockhart
I’m going to try the “New” MS Store release first. Apparently there is a new release that should fix the issue I’ve been having.

1 Like

Yes, 23.04.0 should be fixed.

3 Likes

@nicolasfella @rokejulianlockhart

SUCCESS!!! 23.04.0 did the trick. The GUI looks perfect.

Thank You!

The new version in the Microsoft store so far works perfectly I can see the settings page and the about version setting thank you!

So far I only tested file transfer from one computer to another and it worked.

i’ll look into testing some of the other features.

A small feature request that would be helpful to everybody would be for the computer that receives a file to be notified that they have received a file because I have noticed that it receives files silently so any device can send a file to another device and that other device has no idea that a file has arrived maybe there could be a pop up message saying that so and so just sent you a file?

Thanks again!

2 Likes