Wacom pen&tablet, multimonitor, plasma 6 and Wayland: usable together?

Hi,
I’ve updated my Neon on latest updates and, ignoring the problems I had like most of the others, I’d like to ask if someone else here is using with success pens like Wacom with PLasma 6, Wayland and multi monitor setup.
The main problem I have is that I can’t use the pen in both monitor but, as driver settings, I can just choose which monitor is the target for pen working.
On X11 I can use it without any problems.

Anyone else experienced this problem on Wayland?

If someone would ask me if Wayland on Plasma 5 was fine, I can answer that I’ve never tried before, so I can’t report nothing on this.

Thank you very much for any kind of helping on this.

Just to clarify, are you trying to use the pen on on both displays or having trouble setting the display the pen targets?

I’d like to use the pen on both display.
Consider that I use the pen as substitute of the mouse (mouse that still connected, just as backup)

Currently the table is always mapped to one monitor. The ability to use it for all monitors at the same time will likely come with Plasma 6.1, see Add option to map tablet to full desktop area. (!1216) · Merge requests · Plasma / Plasma Desktop · GitLab

Great. Thank you.
So I’ll wait 6.1 to use Wayland.

Just to make a note… is there a roadmap where I can see a rough timeline for the new releases?
Or are you aware when it will be (roughly)?

You have a release schedule here :slight_smile: Schedules - KDE Community Wiki

1 Like

Thank you very much…so, more or less…at mid June.

1 Like

Already testing Plasma 6.1 and saw the commit, but seems to be closed, what does that mean? that it will be for Plasma 6.2 or something like that? or that it couldn’t be done? :confused:

I was late in rebasing it, and since it adds new strings it had to be pushed to 6.2

:frowning: oh ok…thanks for the answer, and for now, i’m kinda getting used to change the cursor with mouse or pad to the monitor i want to use my pen, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh and also…there are a lot of other issues i’ve been discovering with wacom tablets, could you check too this post please?

Sure thing, one sec

1 Like

Not a great issue…I’ll wait for 6.2
Actually I was checking some days ago and I was limited to the 1 monitor…
I’ll wait… also because I’ve seen that with Wayland I still get flashing when using Steam…so I’ll wait using Wayland.

Yeap, i’m so eager to use Wayland, but still a lot of issues, anyway, i use it from time to time to report bugs hoping they’ll solve them :smiley:

Thanks! tomorrow i’ll answer there :smiley: