Broken dependencies when trying to install some Wine dependencies

Hi,

I tried to run this command:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 && sudo apt update && sudo apt install -y wine64 wine32 libasound2-plugins:i386 libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 libdbus-1-3:i386 libsqlite3-0:i386

which is recommended in github . com/lutris/docs/blob/master/WineDependencies.md (for using lutris for Wine-GE with the Heroic Launcher (for Epic Games))

but here is the output:
pastebin . com/raw/SCUKVuY3 (not directly here because of the post size limit)

I already tried a lot of this to fix this such as reboot my system, install all updates and reboot, commands like “sudo apt clean”, “sudo apt autoclean”, “sudo apt install -f”, “sudo dpkg --configure -a”, “pkcon update”, “pkcon refresh”, “sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade”, “sudo apt --fix-broken install”, “sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386” and so on… in lot of different orders many times, and it didn’t changed anything neither fixing the problem…

Also here is my neofetch:

`..---+/---..`                martin@martin-pulse17b13vfk 
         `---.``   ``   `.---.`            --------------------------- 
      .--.`        ``        `-:-.         OS: KDE neon 6.0 x86_64 
    `:/:     `.----//----.`     :/-        Host: Pulse 17 B13VFK REV:1.0 
   .:.    `---`          `--.`    .:`      Kernel: 6.5.0-27-generic 
  .:`   `--`                .:-    `:.     Uptime: 17 mins 
 `/    `:.      `.-::-.`      -:`   `/`    Packages: 2678 (dpkg), 28 (flatpak), 10 (snap) 
 /.    /.     `:++++++++:`     .:    .:    Shell: bash 5.1.16 
`/    .:     `+++++++++++/      /`   `+`   Resolution: 1920x1080, 2560x1440, 1920x1080 
/+`   --     .++++++++++++`     :.   .+:   DE: Plasma 6.0.3 
`/    .:     `+++++++++++/      /`   `+`   WM: KWin 
 /`    /.     `:++++++++:`     .:    .:    Theme: Breeze [GTK2/3] 
 ./    `:.      `.:::-.`      -:`   `/`    Icons: breeze [GTK2/3] 
  .:`   `--`                .:-    `:.     Terminal: konsole 
   .:.    `---`          `--.`    .:`      CPU: 13th Gen Intel i7-13700H (20) @ 4.800GHz 
    `:/:     `.----//----.`     :/-        GPU: NVIDIA 01:00.0 NVIDIA Corporation Device 28a0 
      .-:.`        ``        `-:-.         GPU: Intel Device a7a0 
         `---.``   ``   `.---.`            Memory: 17182MiB / 31786MiB 
             `..---+/---..`

So please, could you please help me to fix this issue? Thanks :slight_smile:

You have to use flatpak for wine in KDE Neon

see also the following extensive discussion about it

I did it but it’s not fixing my original problem for Wine-GE inside the Heroic Launcher the guys on the Heroic Forum told me to install dependencies recommended in github . com/lutris/docs/blob/master/WineDependencies.md to fix my problem but i can’t run the command without getting an error even after installed it with flatpak :confused:

Well, I can’t help you on that and what you want to do may not be possible in KDE Neon :frowning:

ohh this is such a great news…

Use the flatpak for lutris, it will have all the dependencies included, so no commands to run.

Then you can download and install Wine-GE and all the others you need.

1 Like

Yes it worked thanks!

1 Like