Missing icons after latest updates to KDE Neon

Just installed the latest updates suggested by KDE Neon and my breeze icons for apps like System Settings, Konsole, Dolphin, etc are missing. In the System Settings page for Icons, I don’t even see Breeze as an option though I seem have the breeze-icon-theme (4:5.107.0-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build16.all) installed on my machine. Any help with fixing it is appreciated.

I can confirm.
On Debian (Plasma 5.27.5 and Frameworks 5.103.0), size of breeze-icon-theme package is 33 MB (uncompressed).
On KDE Neon, size of breeze-icon-theme package is only 14,3 KB (uncompressed).
So, there is a significant downsizing in this package :frowning:

Is there a recommended icon set that can be used as replacement until this is fixed? I am currently using Papirus+Breeze icon theme but not every icon is available through this.

Same behavior on my KDE Neon system. Installed some random apple theme & lots of icons missing, but it beats invisible taskbar shortcuts.

Same problem here. No Icons and some Icons didnt in the taskbar. Is there a solution for this problem?

…and a further confirmation on m y side.

same here. Icons missing at least in: Dolphin (toolbar, some folder icons, text files), System Settings, Spectacle, some in the panels, some in kicker, probably more (just another works in Wayland now, but no longer in X11?)

Downgrading breeze-icon-theme to 4:5.106.0-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build15 fixes the problem.

Seems to be fixed in: breeze-icon-theme-4:5.107.0-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build17.all

1 Like

Already fixed, nice!

1 Like

Hello,
What is the procedure for downgrading?
Thanks

click on the unvisible discover notifier icon :slight_smile:

No need to downgrade. Just check for updates. An updated version was released overnight that fixes this issue.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Yes, I’ve just done pkcon update and all the icons are back. Yippee!

breeze-icon-theme-4:5.107.0-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build17 fixed it!

Yes ! Resolved today with pkcon update.
Thanks

Sorry but how was the exact command you used?

I’ve tried to do a simple “pkcon update” command and then "pkcon install " and the long name that someone else here posted but with no luck…

So, I can’t understand now how should I do to make some icons back (at the moment I’ve just Firefox missing).

I’m on dark breeze with all defaults.

I can never tell what pkcon expects the user to provide – just the name of the package, name plus version, etc.

I suggest trying ( :warning: at your own risk!) sudo apt install breeze-icon-theme. I know KDE Neon insists on using pkcon but for this once it may be fine.

Tried but with no luck.
Apt download a package named like that one reported before but nothing change…but I’ve seen that I’ve another problem with the task manager that doesn’t save any added software so, probably, there is something more on this…
I’ve opened a new thread for this…and probably…fixed that, I could fix this… I don’t know…just guessing…