Wallpaper Submission: Miu Péz

This is just my submission, my firm and strong mountain in front of the KDE Sun!

Light:

Google Drive Link with the Files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dXAGHOJl4wGcJrtTp8XIoYDW-BE8VO4P?usp=sharing

16 Likes

And the Dark version:

(Since new users can only embedd 1 image per post)

5 Likes

Good work - actually I like it better than “Altai” and “Mountain”.
Your mountain itself with the “KDE sun” is really nice and so are the effects for the whole picture: not too much and not too little.

I am not sure about the colours (especially the red), though.
The dark parts of the mountain in the “Light” version could be a bit brighter and all the colours could be a bit more like in “Altai” and/or “Mountain” for my taste.

1 Like

I think that light version is a clever and neat idea. I like it very much.

However, I do echo schwarzerkater about dark version. The vivid red color of it makes it more suitable to a horror movie/game rather than a neutral wallpaper (in my humble opinion). Maybe purple would be better choice for dark version?

1 Like

Danke für das Feedback!
You may be right, this probably is a bit harsh. I quickly made a more muted and more blue version, more in line of what i sketched in Krita!

Dunkles Render|Dark render

Vorerwähnte Krita Skizze|Aforementioned krita sketch

Edit/Addition:
However, my render is still a lot darker than the initial sketch, since well, it still is supposed to be the dark mode. The Sketch seems way too bright to me.

3 Likes

Also, here’s a Tall version I just made:

3 Likes

I think this wallpaper is fantastic!

Possibly a bit more work on colours is needed but the overall concept is great, very much in the spirit of KDE plasma and beautiful.

I also like the sunrise / sunset vibes in the original versions. Maybe the red could be a bit less blood colour and more sunset colour.

The new dark is more like proper night time which is also cool, just a little too dark for my taste.