Share your desktop!

I’m sure many KDE Plasma users have been modifying their desktops, in a way or another.
Show your wildest modifications in this thread!

I’ll start with mine, it’s pretty simple but I have spent most time on the colorscheme itself.

Window decoration: Default breeze
Colorscheme: aks_themes/AksDark.colors at main - aks_themes - Codeberg.org
Plasma theme: aks_themes/AksDark at main - aks_themes - Codeberg.org (Not really breeze, it’s Arc dark, but it fits well with Breeze setup.)
Icons: Breeze-Round-Chameleon Dark Icons

My colorscheme is pretty high contrast since high contrast themes seem to fit my eyes well.

20 Likes

Here is mine Desktop:

I have a triple monitor setup, and the right one is on the vertical.

The only “non default” thing on my setup is the wallpaper, which was commissioned.

4 Likes

Mine is basically default but here it is.

10 Likes

i just noticed the 2 clocks show 2 different times lol

1 Like

Nothing too extreme

7 Likes

openSUSE Tumbleweed, adorned with a wallpaper created by David Revoy, Papirus icon theme, and Breeze dark theme. I like to keep it simple and not over complicate things. This screenshot is coming from my Tuxedo InfinityBook Pro 16.

10 Likes

Fedora 38 Kinoite Wayland 3x27" 1440 @ 144Hz

5 Likes

11 Likes

This is an official wallpaper from KDE 1.

14 Likes

11 Likes

Wow that’s rather interesting. Is the applet on the far right the workspace switcher?

The tabs looking task switcher is also rather interesting!

1 Like

What’s that translation applet? :slight_smile:

Thank you KDE Team for the great desktop!

10 Likes

Ooh, shiny! What themes and tools are you using for that? :smiley:

2 Likes

@akselmo
I’ve used the following themes and tools:

• Application Style - kvantum dark with modified Kv-Glass theme by me
  • Plasma Style - Colloid Dark
  • Color scheme - Alfa 50 White Transparent
  • Windows Decoration - Klassy
  • Icon theme - Kora
  • KWin Script - Force Blur
  • GTK Theme - Fluent transparent dark

Here is a screenshot file with both GTK/GNOME and KDE/Qt software:

6 Likes

Minor customizations:

• Default panel moved to the left
  • Color: Breeze with a crimson red accent
  • Wallpaper: Softplasma, tinted in crimson red
  • Arch Logo as translucent pictureframe in the bootom right corner to compliment the KDE Plasma Logo
5 Likes

Here’s mine! Simple but effective :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yes, I find it convenient to have my panel at the top where app toolbars are too, and the desktop switcher (correct, that’s a desktop switcher, Virtual Desktop Bar) and task manager with titles and not grouped, so it works more like a task bar. I also tweaked the theming a bit to make my “tabs” (desktops, windows, Firefox tabs and KDE app tabs) look uniform. I’ve had that setup for years now and it works well for me.

1 Like

Is that SF Pro Display? Does it look normal in Electron based apps like chromium & stuff? I always found that this particular font’s kerning (the spacing between letters) is always incorrect on electron apps, maybe because I downloaded a faulty font. If you don’t have this problem can you please share me a link to the correct fonts. Thank you. You have a very gorgeous desktop btw.

Lightly. Custom icons, plasma and color scheme

. Audacious uses custom Kvantum theme.

12 Likes