Share your desktop!

4 Likes

I thought it looked familiar :smiley:

1 Like

Desktop styled to fit better with Sweet Candy SDDM theme.

Bottom panels are Latte Docks with Intli-Hide, the sidebar is Windows Can Cover. ('Cause Windows Always Cover option has some bugs )

6 Likes

I just found out about the oxygen application style and I love it so much.
I just wish there was a neumorphic theme to go along with it, but breeze is good too.

6 Likes

Now that I have discovered the setting that allows me to have a Window in Full Screen, and navigate to other workspaces, I can run my Konsole window in full screen on 1 workspace, and navigate to other work spaces, and open another Konsole window as a normal window should I wish.

This improves my work flow, because I can also do this with a Virtual Machine Window.

FullscreenKonsoleplusnormalkonsole-resized

7 Likes

I use the desktop very simple, I put this bottom bar to hide itself. I use a lot of keyboard and prefer a clean look.

10 Likes

neofetch is a nice tool like inxi, to have a short summary of the system :slight_smile:
I love such like you can see on my desktop on the top right side, I have also some other “watch” scripts like Disk Free Colorored, which shows the used disk space and change the color from green < 80%, yellow between 80% … 90% and red > 90%.

In your screenshot I really like the idea of the task bar entries having close buttons - is this a special plasmoid or how is it done? Would like to try that out!

Too simple, but it’s really good for me!

9 Likes

I wrote a little howto with toggling the right control button in KDE. It uses xdotool.

here i spent the last weekend making a gtk3 GUI basically with only gtk3 headers and recently adding stdio stdlib(sp?) for easier path handling (hardcoding)

but take a look all the icons are kde to help me learn kde better/faster/funner
Untitled on Tumblr - #fun with gtk3. and so much of it!!!

wrong link use this: Untitled on Tumblr

What do you use for your visualizer?

The visualizer? Cava. Unless you’re talking 'bout the one on the desktop in one of the screenshots. That is ( was ) Panon. Last time I checked it doesn’t work anymore.

7 Likes

The day lightly will be no longer supported, which wouldn’t surprise me one bit, I’ll probably quit kde alltogether and go openbox only. Given the fact that a bunch of things already are no longer available and third party developers are, understandably, reluctant to put in more effort, I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

4 Likes

Can I ask you more information on the themes you used? That looks great!

Looks like the Mojave kvantum theme.

I switched to KDE Neon a few days ago…

2 Likes

From the archive:

12 Likes

I genuinely like this look. Nostalgia is also talking but also the skeuomorphism helps distinct elements so well!

5 Likes

I know most people prefer the modern KDE design but I’d love it if there would someday be a way (as an option) to go back to older KDE themes like this.

1 Like