Wallpaper Submission - Waves

Waves wallpaper selection

This is my first wallpaper submission for the Plasma 6 wallpaper competition. While it may not align perfectly with the given theme (depends on how you look at it) or with the previous Plasma styles, I still hope that you enjoy what I made! I aimed for a more natural look on this one. There are light and dark mode versions available (both for horizontal and vertical layouts). A link to my cloud storage containing all full-size renders is available below.

Do you have any suggestions? Let me know! Any and all feedback is appreciated :slight_smile:

It was created in Blender 3.6 and rendered with Cycles. Post-processing was done in GIMP.

Here are the alternative versions (preview):

Want to access the full-size renders? This link will take you there.

20 Likes

Wow, mesmerising it is!

1 Like

Wonderful.

The trick is GIMP? :smiley:

Thank you!

Not exactly. The render came out pretty much as-is. GIMP was only used for slight color correction, exposure and bloom to accentuate the contrasts and edges.

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of it!
Maybe the dark version doesn’t have a lot of colors compared to the light ? The dark version is only red, when the light is blue yellow/orange and red

1 Like

Thanks so much! :blush: Also thank you for your feedback!

This is intentional. The light theme contains a very bright and vibrant color scheme which underlines the sunlight during daytime, while the dark theme doesn’t on purpose. The scenery should contain aspects of the night (less colors, less saturation, less glow and artificial light instead of natural) and also reduce eye strain in dark ambient light.

I also kept in mind that both themes can blend into each other seamlessly when for example used in a dynamic scenario where the wallpaper changes depending on the time.

I tried many different variations on the dark theme, but if you want me to, I can try to create a version with more colors in it.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:
This is one of my fav!

Great news: this entry was selected as a finalist! See here: Finalists Announcement!

1 Like

To me this is the best proposal.

I still like this one a lot, but it’s a shame that it only seems to be available in a lossy JPEG format. Do you have it in a PNG format?

There sure is! Check the bottom of the post, there is a link that brings you to my cloud where you can download the lossless images. Keep in mind though: I exported the images with less compression, so some of them might have a filesize of around 50 MB. Sorry for the late response!

1 Like

Wonderful! Not sure how I missed that - but thank you for pointing me in the right direction. :slight_smile:

No problem on the file size - it’s always best to start with the closest thing to the source material, if possible. I can compress it, if I need to reduce the file size.

You replied two days after my message, by the way. That is hardly late. Remember that you don’t always have to be available online. :slight_smile:

Thank you again! Also, great choice of Drive provider! :smiley:

2 Likes