Wallpaper Submission [3/3] - Hexworld

Sources and full resolution renders available here.

11 Likes

Which one should we judge?

Not sure I understand what you mean.

Per the rules, you can only submit three images. You need to tell us from the six above, which three you want us to judge, i.e. which three you are entering into the competition.

I, see. It just seemed to me that this is considered to be variations of the one wallpaper. Almost just a color change. Did I get it wrong?

Just realized (re-reading your post) this seems to be perceived as multiple submissions.

This is one out of three. The other ones being:

hence the “[1/3]”, “[2/3]” and “[3/3]” in the titles.

Okay. I see.

Well… we do want two versions, one light and one dark, for each design so they can adapt to the light and dark versions of the default themes.

But your variations are not exactly that. Maybe you could adapt them so they would comply with the rules? You could check out other participants’ entries and see how they do it.

OK. I will make an update adding dark versions.

@arty.buzz You could just do Forest and Fall as the light and dark.

That’s a good point.
What do you think @Paul_Brown? Would Forest as light and Fall as dark versions be acceptable?

That works.

Remember you can still submit two more distinct designs, and each can have their light and dark versions.

That works.

OK. Cool.

@WilsonEPhillips thank you for helping us figure this out.

Remember you can still submit two more distinct designs, and each can have their light and dark versions.

I did in fact. These are my other two submissions:

With light and dark versions :wink:

I don’t seem to be able to edit the original post. So, just to avoid any possible confusion, this two are the ones to be considered for the submission

8 Likes

I saw submissions with 20 differents colors, and they werent just “light” “dark” themes.

For example: Wallpaper Submission: Mount Caustics, Translucent Mirage, Trails - #19 by gixo

So if we follow your logic, its invalid to have all those colors if I understand ?

3 Likes

Well, that’s why I wrote before:

It just seemed to me that this is considered to be variations of the one wallpaper. Almost just a color change.

Looking around that seemed to be the case. You know, following the conversations:

There are more color variants than just light and dark. But then if you take a look into the submission_1/revision. There is like 30 or 40 variations there. (I’ve put them all together in one folder)

I didn’t complain originally since I just didn’t feel like starting an argument… let it pass… move on. This is supposed to be a fun, joyful experience, a way to contribute to the DE I’ve been using longer than I can remember and a way to somehow express myself through the artwork.

And just to be crystal clear: I’m not assuming by any means any bad intentions from anybody.

In the case of @gixo I think he just understood the color variation thing the same way I did.

4 Likes

Honestly, I had a ton of fun working on them, and I like the idea of contributing to open-source projects rather than treating it just as a competition. Also, I did not see any explicit rules about the number of files or color variants, so that’s why I interpreted it as if it would be allowed to have color variants. After all, I would love to see your variants accepted as they’re so creative and beautiful.
Also, love to everyone in the community. <3

1 Like

Thanks. Love your designs too. Especially Mount Caustics and Translucent Mirage.

2 Likes

Great news: this entry was selected as a finalist! See here: Finalists Announcement!

1 Like

I would love a dark version of the winter variant. I think it fits the breeze color scheme and past wallpapers better than the fall one.

Having some trouble reproducing your renders. Could you please explain in detail how the renders are produced?

I think you’ve got a point there. I made a more night looking version of winter and posted over here to be considered as a possibly better alternative as fall.

1 Like