Wallpaper Submission - "Breath" Style

enjoy your new logo concept *hint *hint *hint

:point_right: How about a new logo for Plasma 6? - #167 by biru

done faster than i though, but i still cant guarantee im always free and available (expect for the wallpaper judgement days of course).

wish you all have a good and pleasant day.

5 Likes

yes, about that center task manager concept in case you wondering - my intention is just the same as Plasma dev decision on new “kickoff startmenu layout” and the switch to “icon only task manager”.

on that time they both look similar to Win10’s at a glance and actually very different inside as you try and look into it closely. nonetheless the majority of people are fine and accept it.

image1-26

image1-37

and in case you dont know Deepin they look like these and had those feature long before Plasma 6 coming of age.

image1-2

red_island_wallpaper

i love to hear people thoughs and absolutely wont get discouraged as long we keep a good conversation.

This is probably more true to life than KDE Plasma taking from MS Windows :laughing:

6 Likes

Yeah apparently Windows 12 will feature a floating panel just like Plasma 6.

1 Like

To be fair to Microsoft they have showed a design like that for 10X.

2 Likes

in reality the developer and OS vendors itself are perfectly fine with that.

a general concept cant be patented anyway so no worries. the best they can do its mock others like android (innovation please), apple (security please) & samsung (join the flip please) does.

I don’t know how on earth you do it, but it looks like you just singlehandedly invented an entire UI… methodology? brand system? I don’t even know what this is but the amount of work you’ve put into this is amazing and the things you’ve made are very professional and aesthetically pleasing.

2 Likes

Here’s my Kubuntu Focus desktop with a floating, autohiding panel, the Serenity wallpaper, and one of @biru’s suggested Plasma 6 logos as a launcher. Running Plasma 5.27 on Kubuntu 22.04 LTS. This is an idea of how a system “in the wild” might look.

1 Like

It looks great, it makes you want to try it.

1 Like

thanks, you flatter me :blush: . if you happy then its made me even happier.

the first KDE developer is just like that even 100x better than mine. you know they creating and maintaining all of now these amazing integrated desktop for free that might cost million of dollars for a corporation.

the answer is hobby, that comes from a vision to create better things.

1 Like

i want to say my thanks for all people that had support and encouraging me on whatever edge of this forum :people_hugging: .

to the extent that made me want to go beyond of this wallpaper contest and made these things pop up on my mind.

brainstrom discuss page >>

just think it as some entertaiment present from me :gift:

7 Likes

You are pretty well organized for an artist.
That somehow doesn’t fit :wink:

2 Likes