Party games for KDE's Megarelease 6 in February?

KDE’s Megarelease 6 is quickly approaching.

Local communities are already planning to hold megarelease parties, more will certainly join them.

Inspired by the hacker playfulness at the Chaos Communication Congress a couple of weeks ago, I was thinking we could come up with some games to celebrate this milestone for our community.

Got a game idea? An activity to entertain a crowd? Add them to the comments!

All games related to KDE Plasma 6.0 and its development are welcome.

3 Likes

Pin the tail on the Konqi.

2 Likes

For the Berlin megarelease party we are thinking of making a KDE Plasma 6.0 bingo game with the usual setup for bingo:

• New features (e.g., here) are written on pieces of paper and put into a container.
  • Partygoers have their bingo cards, a refreshing drink, and a good mood.
  • The pieces of paper with new features are randomly pulled out of the container and announced one-by-one until a partygoer gets bingo.

How the features are announced could be a source of creativity. Reading it out loud is the usual way. A couple of other ideas are:

• The announcer demonstrates the features on a computer running KDE Plasma 6.0 and partygoers have to guess which feature it is (interactive).
  • Feature-charades / pantomime / interpretive dance from the announcer (silly) and partygoers again have to guess (interactive).
  • Your ideas?
1 Like

The new features could also be used for Plasma 6 Jeopardy.

How about a party game of celebrity bobble-heads on the Plasma 6 development team?

How does one include a location on the map? I thought it would be automagic :person_shrugging: , but I included Málaga on the wiki and nothing happened

Also added Ljubljana, Slovenia, and it also does not show up on the map.

1 Like